As I stare at the blank screen on my computer, I wonder to myself how I could ever articulate what I have learned during my time at JAX FAX. My knowledge goes beyond any trade terms or geography lessons. The core of my experience here has taught me about people, about life, and about the world we live in.
What I love most about JAX FAX is that it has given me the chance to be a part of something larger; an essential cog in the machine. Each member of our team works tirelessly month after month - writing, editing, creating, and fitting each piece of the puzzle into place. And then, when everything is said and done, we receive the fruits of our labor - a glossy magazine delivered right to our doorstep. Nothing feels better than knowing that I contributed to a product that thousands of people will read and use every day.
With JAX FAX, I?ve traveled to places I?ve never been before and met people from all over the world. I?ve gotten a great introduction to publishing - a field that I hope to start a career in. JAX FAX has given me the skills and experience I need to move on to the next phase of my life with open arms and an open mind.
With that, I?ll leave you with my seven surefire ways to create a better work environment - no matter what industry you work in.
- Be flexible when dealing with people - whatever works for one person will not necessarily work for another. Each individual is unique and deserves to be treated as such.
- Even the most tedious of tasks can become entertaining with a pair of headphones and music.
- Though the weather outside may be frightful, a great working partnership can brighten any day.
- If you don?t know how to do something, don?t give up! Look up how-to instructions on the internet or ask someone to help you out. That way, the next time the task appears, you will be prepared to complete it successfully.
- It's true what they say - you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
- Communication is the key to a successful work environment - use emails, whiteboards, collaborative calendars, or even sticky notes to make sure everyone is on the same page.
- The golden rule is golden for a reason - treat others the way you would want to be treated. Respect can go a long way in this world.